Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekends

One week ago, I was here:

This weekend I'm at home. My BIL and his girlfriend are both here for the weekend. As much as they are wonderful people and I love them both...I can only take them in small doses. The gf leaves the bathroom door open when she uses the toilet and/or bathtub. They are constantly yelling at each other. And someone shit on my bathroom floor in front of the sink last night. I know it wasn't one of the kids. There is also a mysterious stain on my couch. I would make a terrible nurse.

I'm off to a bridal shower today. Friends of ours got married in Vegas last week. They've been living together for years and have a home. I'm not sure what to get for her. Her sister says to get gift cards. It just seems wrong to me to give a gift card at a shower. How boring is that? So, I'm off to shop. Not sure what I'm looking for. Hope I find it.

3 comments:

chRistine said...

never to laugh at someone's misery, but reading "and someone shit in front of the bathroom sink" was really.. wow. you have the patience of job, my dear. i am currently losing my mind because of my entitled step-son and his endlessly annoying mother, and yet someone is CRAPPING ON YOUR FLOOR and you blog about it the same as shopping.

i, for one, applaud you.

canadian sadie said...

ditto what Chrissy said.

But honestly, how does one even begin to approach a house guest about the poop on the floor? "Excuse me...did one of you lose something?"

Or perhaps... "Oh! You dropped something in the bathroom--i'll just leave it here on the mat for you to pick up when you get a second!"

Or even.. "Get the hell out of my house, you dirty, dirty slobs." Oh wait, that'd be me.

Unknown said...

You're a brave woman for letting them stay with you. Very brave!