Friday, May 29, 2009

Anybody Home?

Awww. Look at the poor, neglected little blog. Guess I should feed you.






It's not that there hasn't been stuff to say, I think that it's just been said in other forums. So, What's been going on the last couple of months?

I've been working more. Hubby finished his second semester of school and has spent a lot of time looking for a summer co-op position in his field. Unfortunately, with the economy and all, there is nothing out there. Yesterday, he started his first day at a hotel in the Falls. Not something he's ever thought of doing - but hey, it's a job.

The kids have been busy with school events and trips. You can tell that they're teenagers now, because when they walk in the front door of the house, they each go to their own rooms and close their doors. They will come out for dinner and then return to their rooms. When they come to me for conversation, it usually starts with; "Mom, I NEED ____". Don't get me wrong, they're all good kids. They just value their privacy, Independence and friends much more now. My role as a mother seems to be changing. It's normal. Not easy, but completely normal.

There was a bit of drama a couple of weeks ago when my son had a gun pointed at him by a man who threatened to kill him and his friends. I don't want to go into details, because I'm all talked out on the subject. But the thought that I could have lost him that day haunts me. It frightens me to send my kids out each day into this big bad world. I thank God every day for their safe return home. Even if they do spend their time here behind closed doors.

As for the exes: The she-ex and I just avoid each other. Things are better that way. The he-ex has a new girlfriend. She's about 4 years older than our son. My daughter thinks she's "awesome!" Enough said.

I'm trying to get back to church. I went two weeks ago and guilted my husband and son into going with me. I'll go again this weekend. I really feel like it's something I need to do. If I have to go alone, so be it.

These are the things that have been going on in my life, and the thoughts that have been rolling around in my head since I last checked in. Not sure when I'll be back.

No comments: