Monday, July 15, 2013

Cold Case

I was at the restaurant last week and found myself staring at that booth near the bar. So many different conversations and scenes replaying through my head. I remember a man, mysterious and exciting. Strong and confident. Intelligent and funny. Sexy. I loved the way that he looked at me and the way that he made me feel. His kisses were intoxicating. He was cautious about letting me into his life and I was grateful for the times when he would show me little glimpses of who he really was. And yet, I was alone. Never knowing how he really felt or what he really wanted. And then one day...he disappeared - without a word. And wherever he is, whether he knows it or not, he took a little piece of me with him. Whatever it was that we shared is now just a bunch of memories to be filed away. I wish I knew just which folder to put them in. So for now they just sit like a messy pile of papers on my desk. If only I could stamp them "Case Closed"...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unfortunately, it happens to the best of us.

-C.

Mrs. Flinger said...

SO. MANY. THOUGHTS. Ok) 1. Yes, keep putting your ideas here. We do care even if we show up, oh, I dunnom ever six months. 2) Your sharing is like a self history but in written form. So I totally get it. ALL of it. Even the one who didn't come back and WHY NOT?. It's not you.

So. With all that said. Keep speaking as often as you want. We're *ALWAYS* here. Eventually. Time willing. Love you.